Wednesday 30 September 2009

A series of e-mails

Here are a couple of e-mails that I got from my old private student in Korea. Her name is Narye and she is 14 years old. She's the sweetest girl ever. In a few months she will be moving to Texas with her older cousin (he's 30 and is fluent in English).


Narye's mom, Narye, Me, and her brother


September 3, 2009

hello I'm na-rye

How are you?and Where are you?

I'm curious.

so i did class with chris

He's good and funny

today did game! take away block game!

It's fun

good bye! I miss you

Narye



September 4, 2009

Hey Ellen!!! (That's her English name)

I'm glad you had fun at your lesson with Chris. He's a great guy. Say hi to him for me. (Say it in an Irish accent if you can)

Haha.

Anyway, have a great time with Chris. Keep studying hard. I don't want to scare you, but America is a very big country and you need to be able to speak English to get by. Good luck with everything.

Keep in touch.

Jon




September 27, 2009

hi Jon~!

um maybe I change my english name

Ellen means a lesbian...

Ah,class finish with chris

so chris introduce new teacher

will you remember? before you saw picture

she's name kiara..???

I think you know her!

um...where are you now!?

Tuesday's I do test..

good bye!!~



September 29, 2009

Hi Narye,

It is good to hear from you. I am glad to hear that you are enjoying your english classes with Chris and Kiara. I hope that you are studying hard. Keep up the good work.

Have you picked a new English name?

What do you think of Stella? It means 'star' in Italian.

Anyway, I hope that you are doing well. Good luck!

Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment