Monday 12 October 2009

Back from Ottawa

What a wonderful weekend. Good company, good friends, and great food!!!

This past weekend, my sister Mary Ann and I flew out to Ottawa to visit Rob and Sheila. While we were there we drove out to the St. Laurence river and took a boat tour of the Thousand Islands area. It was absolutely gorgeous. The weather was perfect as well, adding to a wonderful day.

On Sunday we spent most of the day preparing for Thanksgiving Dinner. Sheila and Rob, being the amazing hosts that they are, invited a total of 13 people to their tiny apartment for dinner! It was a little squishy, but we all managed and had a great time.

After dinner we played some games (Acquire) and a few rounds of Dutch Blitz. I managed to beat out R and S! Haha. Sweet, sweet victory :)

The entire weekend was a blast. It was so good that I'll have to mark it as one of, or possibly THE best thanksgiving ever!

One interesting thing that I observed on the way home from Ottawa today, was a well-dressed gay couple (in their mid-thirties) and I'm assuming their son (4 years old). When seeing them (in the flesh) I had mixed feelings about it, but after a while it seemed totally fine. You may think that I should naturally approve to such a scene given who I am, but like you, my upbringing and lack of exposure to such things triggered my initial reaction. Although, many people would not qualify them as a "normal" couple suitable to raise a family, from what I could see they seemed to be just as loving and caring as any other parent in the room.

I've always wanted to have kids. Could this be me in the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment